Most car owners will regularly maintain their car, change the oil, and clean the oil filter (oil filter). However, many car owners will complain after a period of time, why their car is maintained on time, why the power is reduced, and the fuel consumption is rising?
It may be that the car's air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced. Generally, motorcycles travel about 2,000 kilometers, and it is necessary to clean the air filter once. If you are driving on a road with a lot of dust, the cleaning cycle should be shortened appropriately. Since the air filter is blocked by dust, the intake resistance increases, causing the combustible mixture to become rich, causing the engine's output power to decrease, and the fuel consumption to increase, which may affect the engine life in the long run. The author is here to make up a lesson for the owners. The straddle air filter is generally in the left middle position of the vehicle body. The scooter air filter is generally near the rear wheel of the vehicle. It is necessary to remove the guard plate and the material similar to the sponge cover will be found.
The filter element of the air filter is divided into a dry filter element and a wet filter element.
At present, most civilian motorcycles on the market use dry filter cartridges, and dry filter cartridge materials are generally filter paper or non-woven fabric. Cleaning steps of the dry air filter: 1. Remove the filter element of the air filter, and remember to install the filter element when disassembling. 2. Do not wet the filter element by gently vibrating it. It can also be blown from the inside with compressed air to blow off the internal dust. 3. Brush the external dust with a brush. 4. After cleaning, it should be checked whether the filter element is damaged. If there is damage, it can be repaired with adhesive. If the filter element is seriously damaged or cannot be cleaned, it should be replaced with new ones. Remember to replace the new core in time when the filter element is seriously fouled (the market price is generally about 15 yuan).
The wet filter element is made of sponge-like polyurethane material, and the wet air filter is cleaned:
1. Loosen the air filter cover screw and remove the air filter cover.
2. Loosen the filter fixing hook, remove the filter element and the support frame, and separate the two.
3. Pour the gasoline or cleaning agent into the washing pot, immerse the filter element in the cleaning solution and gently knead it.
4. Squeeze the filter element with both palms, and squeeze out the dirty cleaning solution. Do not twist the filter element by hand to avoid smashing the filter element. When cleaning, carefully check whether the filter element is broken or cracked. If there is any damage, replace it with a new one.
5. If the filter element and the support frame are fixed together. It can be immersed in the cleaning solution for 10-15 minutes, and the cleaning solution is removed after removal.
6. Drop a few drops of gasoline engine oil on the surface of the cleaned filter to make it slightly oily.
7. Wipe the air filter housing with a clean cloth, install the filter element on the support frame, and install it in the reverse order of removal. The installation position is correct, otherwise the air filter will not be able to filter.